Many of the descendants of this family are found in the will of Cadwallader, youngest known son, who apparently left no children of his own. This will was filed Nov. 27, 1877 in Jefferson Co., Watertown, N. Y., Book 18, p. 185, June 24, 1877. The will was dated June 12, 1875, town of LeRay, Jefferson Co., N.Y. It stated that Amos Evans, residing in Evans Mills, NY, was the only living sibling of Cadwallader.
Gen. Evans died after 1820 in Jefferson County and was buried in Quaker Cemetery, Town of Le Ray.
2 i MUSGROVE EVANS married (1) ABI BROWN;
(2) CATHERINE D. HOWE RICHARDSON
3 ii NANCY EVANS married (---) WELLS
4 iii CHARLES EVANS married ELIZABETH ANTHONY
5 iv MARY EVANS married JONATHAN MAULE
6 v AMOS EVANS married SARAH (---)
7 vi LYDIA EVANS married DAVID STOUT
8 vii RICHARD EVANS married ELIZA
9 viii CADWALLADER EVANS
He acquired large tracts of Texas land, and in 1839 was appointed 2nd auditor of the Republic. Musgrove was mentioned as a prominent resident of Austin, Tx. (American Historical Register). He died June 7, 1855, Austin, Travis Co., Texas.
He married (1) July 24, 1811
ABI BROWN who was born August 11, 1789, Bucks County, Pa. She died March 4, 1832, Bear Creek Valley, near Tecumseh, Mich.
10 i SAMUEL BROWN EVANS
11 ii VINCENT LURAY EVANS married EMMA BROOKFIELD
12 iii HANNAH MARIA EVANS married S.G. HAYNIE
13 iv PAMELA EVANS d.y.
14 v WILLIAM M. EVANS married ANNE E. MAUL
15 vi CHARLES EVANS d.y.
16 vii GEORGE SPAFFORD EVANS married FRANCES E. MARKHAM
17 i GEORGE EVANS
18 ii HANNAH M. HAYNIE
19 i ANGELICA (Anjie) I. WELLS married (---) HAYNES
20 ii ANU M. WELLS
21 iii SOPHIA WELLS married (---) BROWN
22 iv ADELAIDE WELLS married (---) SWISHER
23 v CLARISSA WELLS married (---) COLLINS
4. CHARLES EVANS married ELIZABETH ANTHONY They had six EVANS children before he died and she married again. For a detailed family description, click on Elizabeth Anthony, above.
5. MARY EVANS (daughter of SAMUEL & NANCY (CLOUGH) EVANS) was born in 1791. 1850 Census of Fayette Co., Texas shows Jonathan Maule, age 58, b. Pa., wife Mary, age 59, b. Pa. and lists their children.
She married in Jefferson County, NY
Children, MAULE (MALL):
24 i JAMES MALL
25 ii CALEB MALL
26 iii GARRYANN MAULE married (---) TUCKER
27 iv LYDIA MAULE married (---) KELSEY
28 v CADWALLADER MAULE
6. AMOS EVANS (son of SAMUEL & NANCY (CLOUGH) EVANS) was born c1796 in Pennsylvania. He did not go to Michigan, remaining in Jefferson Co., NY.
He married (1)
SARAH A. (---) who was born c1779. She died 11 Apr 1843 and was buried in Quaker Cemetery, Town of LeRay.
29 i SARAH M. EVANS
30 ii CHARLES EVANS
31 iii SAMUEL EVANS married CELESTINE (---)
32 iv WILLIAM EVANS
33 v MARTHA EVANS
34 vi MARIA EVANS
AMOS married (2)
MARY (---), who d. 12-7-1884, (74 yrs.), buried at Pamelia, NY.
35 i JOHN EVANS
36 ii ELISA EVANS
37 iii CLARA EVANS
8. RICHARD EVANS (son of SAMUEL & NANCY (CLOUGH) EVANS) was born c1806. He also remained in Jefferson Co., NY. All of his children were mentioned in the will of Cadwallader, dated 1877, with the exception of Thomas. Pamelia and Hannah (at the time of the will) were living in Lindenville, Orleans Co., NY and Egbert and Vincent were living in Evans Mills, NY.
He married (---)
Their children according to the 1850 census, LeRaysville, NY, Jefferson Co., NY, EVANS:
38 i THOMAS CAGE EVANS
39 ii EGBERT F. EVANS
40 iii VINCENT EVANS
41 iv PAMELIA EVANS
42 v HANNAH EVANS
Copyright 2016 Jefferson County NYGenWeb — a member of the NYGenWeb Project
If you have any questions or comments about this page, please contact,
County Co-Coordinator Nancy Dixon or
Co-Coordinator Bruce Coyne.
Return to Jefferson County Genweb Page