HENRY LYON was born in 1767 in CT and died 18 April 1852 at 82 years. He married, probably in Montgomery Co., NY, about 1790 TRYPHENA CONANT, born 25 Jan 1767, daughter of CALEB CONANT and SUSANNA BIBBINS who were married 15 May 1760 in Mansfield, CT. TRYPHENA died 3 July 1853 at 89 years and is buried with HENRY in the Rising Cemetery, Worthville, Jefferson Co., NY. In 1790, HENRY LYON was listed on the census at German Flatts, Montgomery Co., NY, which is where the CONANY family was living by 1801.
EBENEZER CONANT, who was a brother of TRYPHENA, was a Revolutionary War soldier, and lived in Lorraine, Jefferson Co. prior to his death. HENRY LYON'S will is posted on this site and from his will, we obtain the names of his children. His will was dated 30 Sept 1851 and probated by petition of 23 April 1852. He left his home lot and farm in Worth, to his son ROBERT and wrote that he purchased the lot of JEREMIAH SCOTT in March of 1825, which is an approximate arrival of HENRY and his family in Jefferson County.
Children of HENRY LYON and TRYPHENA CONANT:
1) CLARISSA LYON, wife of PATRICK JORDAN of Rodman. PATRICK was born about 1782 and died 1863 at 81 years. CLARISSA was born about 1794. The 1850 census shows her as "CHARACEY" JORDAN.
Child of CLARISSA LYON and PATRICK JORDAN:
a) STEPHEN JORDAN
2) TRYPHENA LYON, wife of ABEL W. ADSITt of Lorraine. TRYPHENA bc 1797 and d 29 Dec 1878 at 81 years. ABEL W. ADSIT was bc 1804 died 2 March 1880 at 79 years; both are buried in the Rising Cem.
Child of TRYPHENA LYON and ABEL ADSIT:
a) MELISSA ADSIT
3)HENRY LYON of Adams. He was born about 1799 and died in 1854 at 55 years; buried in Adams.
4)RICHARD LYON Lyon of Worth
Child of RICHARD LYON:
a) ALONZO LYON d 20 April 1862 at 20 years 6 months
5) ROBERT LYON of Worth, was b 23 Feb 1803 and declared in the 1855 county census that he had lived in Worth for 29 years, which also places the immigration date at 1825. He married ROCCINA GLEASON, who was born 17 Dec 1798 in Washington Co., NY. She married 1)on 8 June 1822 to DON C. HOLLEY and 2) on 5 Aug. 1830 to ROBERT LYON
Children of ROBERT LYON and ROCCINA GLEASON:
a) EUNICE B. LYON
b) JOSEPH B. LYON
c) LOISA LYON
d) EMMA G. LYON
6) BETSY LYON, wife of GEORGE W. GILLETT of Worth; GEORGE was an early teacher in Depauville
7) ERASTUS LYON, deceased, He died 4 April 1844 at 37 years; born about 1807.
His children who are minors with no general guardian:
a) RUTH LYON residence unknown
b) REBECCA LYON Lyon of Adams
c) ABRAM LYON of Adams
d) RACHEL MARIA LYON of Lorraine
e) ABEL LYON of Gouverneur, St. Lawrence Co., NY
f) RHODA LYON wife of HIRAM LASHBROOK of Gouverneur