MARY GARDNER wife of VINCENT GARDNER
HANNAH ARNOLD wife of JONATHAN ARNOLD..one hundred and fifty dollars of which to be paid her by my son EZEKIEL GARDNER...out of the estate
grandson DAVID GARDNER son of son DAVID
two granddaughters SUSANNA GARDNER and
MARY GARDNER daughters of my son David Gardner..."
Probate Court 1814.
BENJAMIN TANNER of North Kingstown RI married on 2 Nov 1765 SARAH ANN AYLESWORTH, whose father lived on an adjoining farm. They were the parents of
SARAH TANNER made her will on 10 Nov 1801 and her estate was settled on 2 Feb. 1834. She named her son, PALMER TANNER; daughter SUSAN AUSTIN, wife of HENRY AUSTIN; (HANNAH) wife of SILVESTER SWEET; daughter RUTH, WIFE OF EZEKIEL M. GARDNER, daughter LYDIA JOHNSON, wife of LEVI JOHNSON; daughter SARAH GARDNER, wife of GOULD GARDNER; two daughters ANNA POTTER wife of WILLIAM POTTER, and ELIZABETH TANNER; daughter LUCY TANNER; three said younger daughters, ANNA POTTER, ELIZABETH TANNER and LUCY TANNER; son BENJAMIN. BENJAMIN b 1765, was a Revolutionary War Patriot.
EZEKIEL M. GARDNER and RUTH TANNER settled in the Town of Lorraine, Jefferson Co., NY. His name appears on the 1820 census at Lorraine, Jefferson Co., NY, with one male 10-16; 1 male 26-45; 1 male over 45; 1 female under 10; 2 females 10-16 and 1 female over 45. Both EZEKIEL and RUTH inherited sums of money from their parents which probably allowed them to move to Jefferson County. The 1820 census suggests that daughter HANNAH, who married WILLIAM MARSH, was living with her parents. The GARDNERS and TANNERS may have come to Jefferson via Oneida County, where there are numerous GARDNER and TANNER families. EZEKIEL bc 1770, died on 26 Sept. 1849 at age 79 and RUTH died 30 June 1842 at age 69.
Children of EZEKIEL M. GARDNER and RUTH TANNER:
Their daughter, PHOEBE GARDNERbc 1800, married THOMAS JAMES and died 12 March 1843 at 43 years. All three are buried in the Gardner Cemetery, Town of Lorraine. THOMAS JAMES died 1 March 1863 at 70 years 2 mos 2 days and is buried in the Maplewood Cemetery. His father, THOMAS JAMES, Sr., was a settler at Adams, Jefferson Co., NY in 1803.
Their daughter, HANNAH GARDNER bc 1799, married WILLIAM MARSH and settled in Ellisburgh, NY. (See Marsh family this site. ) HANNAH died on 14 April 1867 at 68 years 3 months 6 days and is buried in the Maplewood Cemetery at Ellisburgh. WILLIAM MARSH died 12 Dec. 1874 at 77 years and is also buried in the Maplewood Cemetery.
Children of BENJAMIN FASSETT and AZABAH HARRINGTON:
1) NANCY FASSETT
2) ROZELLA FASSETT
3) CELONA FASSETT
4) BENONI FASSETT
5) SARAH ANN FASSETT6) MARY FASSETT
7) NAPOLEAN BONAPARTE FASSETT
8) BENJAMIN ALONZO FASSETT
He married SARAH LEACH on 25 March 1857. She was the daughter of WILLIAM and SARAH (HAYNES) LEACH. William LEACH was taken a prisoner during the Civil War and died in 1864. SARAH LEACH died in Jefferson Co NY in December of 1841
Children of DANIEL and MARY RAPPOLE:
1) BENJAMIN F. RAPPOLE b 28 Oct 1823 in Oneida Co., NY; married SARAH LEACH
2) JOHN G. RAPPOLE of Jefferson Co NY b 28 Nov 1825 died 1904 and buried in Theresa
3) JAMES M. RAPPOLE b 17 Dec 1829 of Orleans Co NY.
Children of DANIEL and EMILY RAPPOLE
4) MARY M(ARGARET) RAPPOLE bc 1830 married HENRY A. HUFF (b 1829) and she died in October 1888
5) HARRIET ELIZA RAPPOLE bc 1832 married 1) PIERCE 2)ZOLLER of Jefferson Co NY
6) EMILY RAPPOLE bc 1836 and d 6 June 1919 at 82 yrs.7) FRANCIS A. (FRANK) born1838 in the town of Pamelia and died 1921 at Plessis, Jefferson Co NY; married 7 October 1870 at 32 years to ADDIE NASH of Orleans. ADALAIDE (ADDIE) was born 2 Sep 1848 and d 24 Jan 1936; buried Plessis. FRANK was in the Civil War and was also a farmer.
Children of FRANK RAPPOLE and ADDIE NASH
: a) KATE M. RAPPOLE married BRUCKER
b) JESSIE E. RAPPOLE married PARISH
c) LEWIS D. RAPPOLE b 1885 d 1957 buried Plessis, Jefferson Co.; he married LULA HARDY. She was born 1890 and died 1979; buried at Plessis
d) F. LEROY RAPPOLE
e) JOHN RAPPOLE
Children of HOSEA HOUGH and ELIZABETH RAPPOLE:
1) HENRY A. HOUGH married MARY MARGARET RAPPOLE Rappole, daughter of DANIEL and EMILY RAPPOLE.
2) LANDER HOUGH age 34; enlisted 11 Aug 1862 at Theresa in Civil War Sept. 11, 1862 to serve three years; mustered out with company 23 June 1865 at Petersburg, VA
3) GEORGE G. HOUGH died 28 July 1909 at 79 years. Born Leray NY on 2 July 1830. He married MARY ALVERSON who survived him.
Children of GEORGE HOUGH and MARY ALVERSON:
a) Mrs. WILLIAM STEPHENSON of Kingston NY
b) Mrs. WALTER SPRAGUE of Theresa NY (WALTER b 1871 d 1948)
c) ALZINA E. HOUGH b 1860 d 1906, wife of AARON BENSON (he b 1855 d 18 Mar 1939)
d) BURT HOUGH bc 1869 Theresa NY d 3 May 1909 Theresa NY. He married NELLIE SOPHIE HARGER who was b 8 Oct 1869 Theresa NY d 3 Feb 1926. After BURT'S death, she married (2) ALBERT J. WILLIAMS on 31 Mar 1915. He b 7 Oct 1857 Plessis and died 13 Feb 1935.Children of BURT HOUGH and NELLIE SOPHIE HARGER:
1) LOTTA HOUGH b 3 April 1901 Theresa
2) FLORENCE HOUGH b 1895
3) GEORGE EARL HOUGH b 1896 d 19 Oct 1953; married LAURA HILL
4) JOHN HOUGH bc 1899 d 25 Jan 1910 Theresa
Children of ADONIJAH MONTAGUE and MARY SIMONDS:
1) MARY MONTAGUE; born 9 Jan 1784 in Pawlet VT; d 30 Apr 1856 in Henderson, Jefferson Co., NY. She married on 29 Sept 1805 in Pawlet, VT SALMON ASPINWALL, who was born 10 June 1783 in Newington, Hartford CT and d 4 May 1856 NY. He was the son of ELEAZER ASPINWALL and ELIZABETH STEELE. SALMON moved with his parents to Pawlet VT where he married MARY MONTAGUE on 29 Sept. 1805. MARY and SALMON left Rupert VT. and moved in 1820 to Henderson, Jefferson Co., NY. He was a farmer and also a blacksmith.
Children of MARY MONTAGUE and SALMON ASPINWALL:
a)DAVID ASPINWALL who was born in Rupert VT on 27 July 1817, d 1858. He lived on the old homestead in Henderson NY. On 6 June 1843 at Henderson, he married HARRIET MINERVA ALDEN, born in Medina, Orleans Co., NY, daughter of BRIGGS and MARIA (KING) ALDEN. Her lineage traces to JOHN ALDEN and the Mayflower line. He was a blacksmith.
Child of DAVID ASPINWALL and HARRIET ALDEN:
1) HARRIET MERLE ASPINWALL b Henderson, Jefferson Co. in 1857. She married in Washington, DC. on 31 Oct. 1901 JAMES HILTON who was born 2 Jan 1862 of Albany NY.
2) MARY E. ASPINWALL m SMITH T. TAGGARD -- three children
3)DAVID M. ASPINWALL Jr. who died in infancy
4)WILLIAM M. ASPINWALL of Columbus OH
5) TRUMAN M. ASPINWALL
6) CLARA LILLIAN ASPINWALL married 1) WILLIAM D. BARNESrnes and 2)Rev. D. L. FISHER of Hinsdale NH. She was b 30 June 1859 and died 5 Sept 1926.b) JOSEPH AIKIN ASPINWALL b 25 July 1812 in Rupert VT ; died in Nunda, Livingston Co., NY. Married on 5 May 1836 FRANCES MAIN, who was born 4 Mar. 1812 in Henderson, Jefferson Co., and died 10 Apr 1891 in Nunda. She was the daughter of JONAS MAIN (d 27 Aug 1823 in Henderson, Jefferson Co) and LYDIA PORTER.
c) MARY CELINDA ASPINWALL b 1 Feb 1807; married PHILO HUNGERFORD and died in Ellisburgh
d) DATUS ASPINWALL b 9 Aug 1810; died in Iowa in 1888
e) HANNAH ANN ASPINWALL b 20 Dec 1814; who was twice married and died in Henderson.
f) JOEL ADONIJAH ASPINWALL b 12 Aug 1822; born in Henderson, later resident of Wisconsin.
Children of JONAS MAIN and LYDIA PORTER:
1) FRANCES MAIN b 4 Mar 1812 Henderson d 10 Apr 1891 Nunda, Livingston Co., NY
2) MORTIMER PORTER MAIN b May 1816 in Henderson Jefferson Co. and died 1856 Monroe, Green Co., WI; he married about 1812 in Henderson, NY to SARAH DRUMMOND.
Children of MORTIMER MAIN and SARAH DRUMMOND:
a) FRANCES C. MAIN bc 1841 Henderson
b) MORTIMER PORTER MAIN bc 1843 Henderson
c) ORVILLE MAIN bc 1843 Henderson
3) AMANDA MAIN b 1818 Henderson, Jefferson Co. died 23 Apr. 1853 in Porter, WI
Copyright 2010 Jefferson County NYGenWeb — a member of the NYGenWeb Project