1. JOSEPH PARKER (son of SAMUEL & SARAH (MESSER) PARKER) was born in Salem, New Hampshire on 15 Aug 1762. About 1774 the family moved to Walpole, Cheshire Co, New Hampshire. A Revolutionary veteran, his pension record says: "JOSEPH PARKER, rank not stated, served in Capt. Peter Page's Company of Vermont Militia, commanded by Lt. Col. Ebenezer Walbridge." His name appears on a muster roll, dated Washington, VT, 29 Jan 1762, which states "Commencing Sept. 2, 1781, ending Nov. 21, 1781. Number of days mustered for - 81 days." Copy of certificate from Adjt. Gen'l office, Montpelier, VT, 28 May 1897: "I hereby certify that the following is a correct transcript from the records on file in this office regarding soldiers during the Revolutionary War. From a payroll dated at pay-table office, Bennington, Mar. 7, 1782, it appears that Joseph Parker served as a private, from Sept. 2nd to Nov. 21st, 81 days in Capt. Page's Company of volunteers in the service of the state, commanded by Lt. Col. Ebenezer Walbridge and received 5.80 [pounds]. Also mileage money from July 27th to Nov. 25, 1782, 75 miles of travel and received 1.8 [pounds]. T.S.Peck, Adjt. Gen."
Note: Additional information about Jeseph Parker is available in the Fonda list of Jefferson County Revolutionary Veterans. For access to those files, click on the underlined words in this note.
In the records of the Town of Alstead, Cheshire Co., N.H. is the following: "Intentions of marriage - Joseph Parker and Judith Watts, both of Alstead - Apr. 3, 1789, Isaac Temple, T.C." Also, "Married, Apr. 8, 1789 - Joseph Parker and Judith Watts by Amos Shepard, J.P." They apparently moved to Shrewsbury, VT sometime previous to 1792.
After the death of his first wife, he married her sister and moved to the town of Middletown, Rutland Co., VT. In 1832 they (at least the second family) moved to Town of Alexandria, Jefferson Co NY, where his brothers Samuel, James and Nathaniel were already living. Joseph parker died 25 Feb 1835 and is buried at Plessis, Jefferson Co.
He married (1) at Town of Alstead, Cheshire Co., N.H. on 3 Apr 1789, by Amos
JUDITH WATTS who apparently died previous to 1803.
2 i ASA PARKER
3 ii MOSES PARKER
4 iii SAMUEL PARKER
5 iv POLLY PARKER married JEREMIAH PAUL
6 v JONATHAN PARKER
JOSEPH PARKER married (2)
LYDIA WATTS, who was the sister of his first wife. She died 5 Sep 1843 and is buried at Plessis Cemetery with her husband.
7 vi PERVILLA PARKER married JOEL DAYTON
8 vii SARAH G. PARKER married DANIEL BARTHOLOMEW
9 viii HARVEY D. PARKER married JANE ANN TANNER, daughter of ASHLEY & SUSAN TANNER
10 ix DERRINDA PARKER
11 x ALPHEUS PARKER
5. POLLY PARKER (daughter of JOSEPH & JUDITH (WATTS) PARKER) was born 1795 probably in Vermont. They moved to the Town of Alexandria, Jefferson County, NY. POLLY (PARKER) PAUL died 25 Sep 1843 and was buried at Plessis, Town of Alexandria.
JEREMIAH PAUL, who was the son of JOSHUA & ANNA (HOOD) PAUL of Tinmouth, VT. He died 30 Jul 1852, aged 52 years, and was buried in Plessis with his wife.
12 i WILLIAM PAUL
13 ii MARY PAUL
14 iii MELZAR PAUL
15 iv ELI PAUL
16 v SALLY PAUL married (---) MARTIN
17 vi WARREN PAUL
18 vii LOUISE PAUL
19 viii WILBUR PAUL
20 ix ALLEN PAUL
7. PERVILLA PARKER (daughter of JOSEPH & LYDIA (WATTS) PARKER) was born 8 Jul 1803 at Middletown, VT. She moved with her parents to the Town of Alexandria, Jefferson County. She died 22 Mar 1871 and was buried at Plessis, Jefferson County.
JOEL DAYTON, who lived near Plessis. He died 26 Apr 1885, and is buried at Plessis with his wife.
21 i JANE MARY DAYTON married LORENZO SPALSBURG [Spalsbury?]
22 ii MARGARET DAYTON
23 iii DORINDA DAYTON married EDWARD SPALSBURG [Spalsbury?]
24 iv ANN DAYTON married (1) WILLIAM SHANNON; (2) THOMAS HUNTER
25 v EMILY DAYTON married JASON WOOD
26 vi EGGBERT DAYTON married ELIZABETH ANN COZELL
8. SARAH G. PARKER (daughter of JOSEPH & LYDIA (WATTS) PARKER) was born at Middletown, VT on 21 Mar 1807. She lived in [the Town of?] Watertown until 1857. She died 2 Sep 1885 at Blissfield, Mi.
She married 13 Nov 1828 DANIEL BARTHOLOMEW, who was the son of OLIVER & ANNA (LACY) BARTHOLOMEW. Daniel was born 19 Jan 1796 at Augusta, Oneida Co. NY. He moved to Watertown, Jefferson Co, with his parents when he was four years old. He was a farmer. Daniel and Sarah lived in Watertown until 1857 when they moved to Attica, Ohio, where Daniel died 25 Oct 1875.
27 i WILLIAM BARTHOLOMEW married ADELAIDE BROWN
28 ii LYDIA BARTHOLOMEW married LYDIA GURNEE
29 iii CELIA BARTHOLOMEW
30 iv DELIA BARTHOLOMEW married (1) ANTHONY LENNON; (2) Dr HEBBEN CHENNY
31 v LAURA ANN BARTHOLOMEW married (1) FRANK C. HOCKER; (2) Dr EUROTUS MERRIAM
32 vi ANSON BARTHOLOMEW married (1) NANCY SCHUYLER; (2) LOIS SHELDON
33 vii HARVEY BARTHOLOMEW married GRACE RICHMOND
34 viii FRANCIS D. BARTHOLOMEW married (1) ANNIE GRICKER; (2) HATTIE DRYER
35 ix SARAH A. BARTHOLOMEW, unmarried
9. HARVEY D. PARKER (son of JOSEPH & LYDIA (WATTS) PARKER) was born at Middletown, VT on 28 Feb 1809. He moved to Jefferson Co NY with his parents in 1832. He died 7 Jan 1851 and is buried at Plessis, Town of Alexandria, Jefferson Co.
He married 27 Jan 1845
JANE ANN TANNER, who was the daughter of ASHLEY & SUSAN (---) TANNER. She was born 13 Nov 1821, and died 13 May 1899.
36 i JAY MARCUS PARKER, d.y.
37 ii EDSON ORSO PARKER
38 iii GORDON WATTS PARKER
39 iv JAY MARCUS PARKER
40 v DORINDA PARKER
41 vi JUSTIN EDWIN PARKER
For further information, contact:
Return to Jefferson County NYGenWeb page
Return to Town of Alexandria
Copyright 2016 Jefferson County NYGenWeb — a member of the NYGenWeb Project
If you have any questions or comments about this page, please contact,
County Co-Coordinator Nancy Dixon or
Co-Coordinator Bruce Coyne.
Return to Jefferson County Genweb Page