1. NICHOLAS SMITH, (son of ROBERT and REBECCA (GROOT) SMITH of Schenectady, NY) was baptized 20 Dec 1761 in the Reformed Dutch Church in Schenectady, NY. A Revolutionary veteran, he moved with his family to Jefferson County in the early 1800s. He lived in the Town of Orleans, but died at the home of his daughter REBECCA BRUNER 13 Dec 1846 in the Town of Lyme, Jefferson County.
ANNAATJE HAGEDORN, (daughter of ROBERT and MARGARITA (VanVORST) HAGEDORN of Schenectady) was baptized 18 Jan 1761 in the Reformed Dutch Church in Schenectady, NY.
2 i REBECCA SMITH married ROBERT BRUNER
3 ii ROBERT SMITH married RACHEL C. COLLINS
4 iii DERICK SMITH d.y.
5 iv HARMANUS (HARMONIOUS) SMITH married POLLY BROOKS
6 v JOHN SMITH married ESTHER (---)
7 vi MARGARITA SMITH married CHARLES JOHNSON
8 vii DIRK SMITH married Mrs. POLLY SKINNER
9 viii ELIZABETH SMITH married DANIEL C. ROUSE
10 ix ELIAS SMITH married CATHARINE (?NANCY ---)
2. REBECCA SMITH, (daughter of NICHOLAS and ANNAATJE (HAGEDORN) SMITH) was baptized 15 Jun 1783 in the Reformed Dutch Church in Schenectady, NY. She was living in the Town of Lyme in 1846 when her father died at her house.
11 i JANE BRUNER
3. ROBERT SMITH, (son of NICHOLAS and ANNAATJE (HAGEDORN) SMITH) was born
10 Sep 1784 in Schenectady NY. He moved to Jefferson County with his father
in the early 1800s. He died 23 Sep 1867 in the Town of Orleans, Jefferson
County and is buried in the Stone Mills Cemetery, Stone Mills, Town of Orleans,
RACHEL C. COLLINS, (daughter of WILLIAM and P0LLY ROSS COLLINS) who was born 29 Jul 1789 in (Stonington?) CT. She died 22 Sep 1876 in the Town of Orleans and is also buried in the Stone Mills Cemetery.
12 i HARMON SMITH married LUCRENIA HURD
13 ii DANIEL SMITH married SALLIE ANN DIXON
14 iii NANCY SMITH married ROBERT B. DIXON Jr
15 iv NICHOLAS SMITH
16 v POLLY SMITH
17 vi HANNAH SMITH married SANFORD PETRIE
18 vii ROBERT SMITH married ALMA TUTTLE
19 vii WILLIAM COLLINS SMITH married LAURA TUTTLE
9. ELIZABETH/BETSEY SMITH, (daughter of NICHOLAS and ANNAATJE (HAGEDORN) SMITH) was born 1800. She died 31 May 1884 and is buried in the Rouse Cemetery in the Town of Clayton.
DANIEL C. ROUSE, (son of WILLIAM and HANNAH (COLLINS) ROUSE) was born 8 Nov 1796. He died 30 Jan 1867 and is also buried in the Rouse Cemetery.
20 i ELIZA ROUSE married CONVERSE WILSON
21 ii MARY ROUSE married MILES SPICER
22 iii NANCY ROUSE
23 iv BETSEY ROUSE
24 v LYDIA ROUSE
25 vi FLORIAN ROUSE
26 vii WELLS ROUSE
27 viii LENORA ROUSE married JEROME NICHOLS
28 ix LUCRETIA ROUSE married ELON GALUSHA BROWN
29 x ADELAIDE ROUSE
30 xi LEMIRA ROUSE married JOHN NORTON
31 xii TACY ROUSE married (---) WATERS
10. ELIAS SMITH, (son of NICHOLAS and ANNAATJE (HAGEDORN) SMITH) was born c1802. He was a farmer in the Town of Clayton.
CATHARINE (---), who was born c 1807.
32 i LOYE SMITH
33 ii SAMUEL SMITH
34 iii FREDERICK SMITH
35 iv ALPHONSE SMITH
36 v MELISSA SMITH
For further information, contact:
Return to Town of Orleans
Copyright 2016 Jefferson County NYGenWeb — a member of the NYGenWeb Project
If you have any questions or comments about this page, please contact,
County Co-Coordinator Nancy Dixon or
Co-Coordinator Bruce Coyne.
Return to Jefferson County Genweb Page