1. LEONARD WHEELER (son of JAMES WHEELER and RACHEL ________) was born 14 Jul 1787 in Chesterfield Twp, Cheshire Co., NH. He married Eunice Daggett (daughter of DARIUS DAGGETT and ABIGAIL DEAN).
Leonard's family moved to Henderson, Jefferson County about 1819. Leonard and Eunice Wheeler and many of their children later moved on to Dodge County, Wisconsin about 1846. Sons Leonard Jr. and James remained in Jefferson County. Leonard Wheeler, Sr. died 27 Nov 1857 in Mayville, WI, as did Eunice, on 29 Sep 1859.
Children of Leonard and Eunice Wheeler:
1. Evalina Wheeler b. 11 Dec 1810 (NH) d. 16 Oct 1853 (WI) m. Garrett Percy
2. Adaline Wheeler b. 1811 (NH) d. 18 Sep 1832 (NY) (did not marry)
3. Leonard Wheeler, Jr. b. 1814 (NH) d. 15 Feb 1880 (NY) m. Hannah Greenman
4. James Wheeler b. 1818 (NH) d. 02 Mar 1856 (NY) m. Mary Ann Cramer
5. Darius D. Wheeler b. 27 Apr 1821 (NY) d. 19 Oct 1905 (WI) (did not marry)
6. Louisa P. Wheeler b. 1823 (NY) d. 1890 (WI) m. Joseph Hungerford Rogers
7. Alfred Wheeler b. 27 Oct 1824 (NY) d. 10 Sep 1911 (WI) m. Mary Melissa Brodt
8. David D. Wheeler b. 23 Jun 1828 (NY) d. 15 Dec 1905 (NE) m. Frances Littlefield
1) The History of Chesterfield, Cheshire County, N.H. by Oran E. Randall, 1882.
2) Dodge County Wisconsin, Past and Present by Homer Bishop Hubbell, 1913.
3) United States Census of 1850, Williamstown, Dodge County, WI.
4) History of Dodge County, WI. Western Historical Company, Chicago, IL, 1880.
5) Metz Mortuary (York Co., NE) Database. Available on the Internet at www.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~neyork/metz/metzw2.html.
For more information contact Vanessa Herring
Return to Jefferson County Genweb Page
Return to Town of Henderson
Copyright 2011 Jefferson County NYGenWeb — a member of the NYGenWeb Project