Location: Town of Rutland, Jefferson County, NY, south of Black River, near the intersection of Glass and Burnup Roads.
This cemetery has several names, please see the Notes at the bottom.
Blackmer, Tede d. 19 August 1820, consort of John Blackmer, a. 34y
Morris, Rebekah, consort of James Morris, d. 10 March 1884
Ross, Mrs. Abby, d. 5 December 1822, a. 59y
Scott, John H., son of Palmer & Betsy Scott, d. 17 June 1832, a. 8m 32d
Ware Samuel, d. 10 March 1832, a. 32y
Festa, wife of Samuel Ware, d. 29 August 1828. A. 25y
Weber, Darius, d. 16 July 1834, a. 38y
Sally, wife of Darius, d. 20 January 1834, a. 33y
Notes: various names cemetey is known by.
FIRST BAPTIST BURYING GROUND
Two acres of land deeded by Deacon Fuller to Baptist Church for Church and cemetery. First Baptist cemetery in Rutland County Clerk’s Office contains record of deed. Norman Fuller, Deacon Fuller’s son, sold farm to Mr. Lewis. It was then sold to Mrs. Elleck Chisholm, afterwards to Burnem, present owner, 1926.
BURNUP ROAD CEMETERY
Old cemetery in a field, enclosed by woven wire fence, son(sic) distance from the road. Not far from Felts Mills.
This is the name used on Findagrave. An effort is being made to restore the cemetery and this is the name used by the people involved.
Copyright 2021 Jefferson County NYGenWeb — a member of the NYGenWeb Project
If you have any questions or comments about this page, please contact,
County Coordinator Bruce Coyne.
Return to Jefferson County Genweb Page