Daniel's father was born about 1743 in the Mohawk Valley and was killed at the Battle of Oriskany in August 1777.
Daniel married MARGARET NASH (daughter of JAMES NASH and ANNA HESS) about 1800 in Herkimer County, NY. Margaret's father James was born in Massachusetts and served from 1777-1780 in the 7th Massachusetts Line during the Revolutionary War. Margaret's mother Anna was the daughter of AUGUSTINUS HESS & ANNA KAST. Augustinus Hess was killed at Fort Herkimer on 15 July 1782 at the age of 65 while defending the Fort.
Margaret died 5 June 1853 in the Town of Brownsville, Jefferson County and is also buried in Sherwin's Bay Cemetery.
Daniel and Margaret resided in German Flatts, Herkimer County until about 1818 when they relocated to the Town of Brownsville, Jefferson County. An 1855 map of Jefferson County shows the D. Federly farm on North Shore Drive near Adam's Cove.
Daniel & Margaret's children were:
2. JAMES FEDERLY (1800-1883) married JANE AMANS
3. MARGARET FEDERLY (1803-1837) married MR. STUART
4. RACHEL FEDERLY (1806-1880) married HENRY CRAWFORD
5. NANCY FEDERLY (1809-1896) married JACOB PERSELL
6. HENRY FEDERLY (1812-1892) married EMILY ACKERMAN
7. DOROTHY FEDERLY (1814-1901) married SYLVANUS HENDERSON
8. EVA ANN FEDERLY (1816-1880) married DAVID M WILDER
9. ELIJAH FEDERLY (1819-1892) married SARAH INGALLS
10. DANIEL FEDERLY, JR (1822-1864) married EVALINE A ROGERS
Return to Jefferson County NYGenWeb page
Return to Town of Brownville
Copyright 2017 Jefferson County NYGenWeb — a member of the NYGenWeb Project
If you have any questions or comments about this page, please contact,
County Co-Coordinator Nancy Dixon or
Co-Coordinator Bruce Coyne.
Return to Jefferson County Genweb Page