1. RICHARD McALLASTER Jr (son of RICHARD & ANN (MILLER) McALLASTER) was born 20 Oct 1749 at Bedford, Hillsboro, New Hampshire. They removed from there some time after their marriage, to Antrim, NH. They also lived in Alstead, NH and Springfield, VT. RICHARD served in the Revolutinary War. About 1810 they moved to Antwerp, Jefferson County. RICHARD died in Antwerp 11 Feb 1813, and was buried in the old cemetery there.
Note: Additional information about Richard McAllaster is available in the Fonda list of Jefferson County Revolutionary Veterans. For access to those files, click on the underlined words in this note.
He married about 1769 at Bedford NH
SUSAN DIMOND who was the daughter of EZEKIAL & MIRIAM (FOWLER) Dimond. She was born 12 Jul 1754 at Alstead, Concord, NH, and died 23 Jan 1813 at Antwerp, Jefferson County. She was buried with her husband.
2 i SARAH MCALLASTER
3 ii FRANCIS MCALLASTER married ANNA BRADFORD AVERILL
4 iii ATHILRED (PHILLY) MCALLASTER
5 iv CYTHIA POWERS
6 v ANNA MCALLASTER married DANIEL HEALD
7 vi ELIZABETH MCALLASTER married HENRY BALDWIN
8 vii DAVID MCALLASTER married LYDIA (---)
9 viii WILLIAM MCALLASTER married NANCY STOWELL
10 ix SUSAN MCALLASTER
3. FRANCIS McALLASTER (son of RICHARD & SUSAN (DIMOND) McALLASTER) was born 16 Aug 1771 at Bedford, New Hampshire. FRANCIS and his family settled in Springfield, Vermont, where their first six children were born. In 1810 they removed to Antwerp, Jefferson County where he became a tavern keeper. The first town meeting was held in their house 5 Mar 1811. FRANCIS was elected Commissioner of Highways. They had two more children born in Antwerp. He died 25 Dec 1841 at Antwerp and was buried in the old part of the cemetery there.
ANNA BRADFORD AVERILL, who was the daughter of JOHN & MARY (BRADFORD) AVERILL Sr. She was born 29 May 1777 at Amherst [Mt Vernon], Hillsboro, New Hampshire. Her daughter described her as of a cheerful and hopeful disposition, a sweet singer and fond of reading. She cooked all night at her husband's tavern in Antwerp to feed the War of 1812 soldiers as they passed through the village from Sackets Harbor to Ogdensburg. She died 7 Dec 1862 at Antwerp, and is buried there with her husband.
11 i POLLY McALLASTER married FRANCIS BUTTERFIELD For family group sheet, click on Francis Butterfield above.
12 ii DAVID McALLASTER married CAROLINE EARL GILSON
13 iii MARY NANCY McALLASTER married HORACE HAMLIN
14 iv EMERSON McALLASTER married CAROLINE WAIT
15 v ELIZA McALLASTER married WILLIAM BUCKLEY BOSTWICK
16 vi SUSAN McALLASTER married COLUMBUS PINNEY
17 vii LUCRETIA McALLASTER married JOSEPH LYON WAIT
18 viii CORDELIA McALLASTER married CHARLES LEWIS Jr
9. WILLIAM MCALLASTER (son of RICHARD & SUSAN (DIMOND) McALLASTER) was born 6 Mar 1792 at Antrim New Hampshire. About 1805, when his family decided to relocate to Springfield, Vermont, young WILLIAM was apprenticed and left behind in Antrim. At age 18, free from his apprenticeship, he walked from Antrim to Antwerp. Not finding work there, he continued on to Ogdensburg where he worked a season. Then he returned to New Hampshire to fetch his parents and sisters to Antwerp. He was a trustee of the newly formed Delphic Library in Antwerp in 1832. He was Town Supervisor in 1840. He was elected to the state assembly in 1841, and in 1852 he was one of the first directors for a publicly funded railroad. On 5 May 1870 he died in Antwerp. He was buried in the Antwerp Cemetery.
He married 24 Feb 1828 in Antwerp
NANCY STOWELL, who was the daughter of OLIVER & ELIZABETH (HOISINGTON) STOWELL. She was born 6 Jan 1805 in Windsor, Vermont. She died 9 Jul 1898 in Antwerp and is buried with her husband in the Antwerp Cemetery.
19 i WILLIAM PARISH MCALLASTER
20 ii GEORGE DAVID MCALLASTER married MATILDA EVELINE BENT
21 iii OLIVER RICHARD MCALLASTER
22 iv HENRY MAJOR MCALLASTER
12. DAVID MCALLASTER (son of FRANCIS & ANNA BRADFORD (AVERILL) MCALLASTER) was born 18 Nov 1800 at Springfield, Windsor County, Vermont. He removed to Antwerp, Jefferson County with his family. From there he apparently moved to Rossie, St Lawrence County, and finally to Erie, PA where he died.
He married 7 Feb 1832 in Watertown, Jefferson County, NY
CAROLINE EARL GILSON, who was the daughter of EARLE & (---) GILSON. She was born 24 Jan 1813 at Chesterfield, NH and died 13 Oct 1892 at Erie PA.
23 i ADELAIDE PHILADELPHIA MCALLASTER married Capt JOHN STEVEN RICHARDS
24 ii HARRIET A. MCALLASTER married Lt. SAMUEL EDWARDS
25 iii DAVID GILSON MCALLASTER
26 iv WILLIAM H. MCALLASTER
27 v MARY E. MCALLASTER married JOHN W. REYNOLDS
14. EMERSON MCALLASTER (son of FRANCIS & ANNA BRADFORD (AVERILL) MCALLASTER) was born 20 Jan 1805 at Springfield, Vermont. He moved with his family to Antwerp, Jefferson County. He died in Redwood, Town of Alexandria, Jefferson County 2 Nov 1866.
He married about 1827
CAROLINE WAIT, who was the daughter of JOSEPH & ANN (SEAVER) WAIT. She was born 2 Oct 1809 in Waitsfield, Vermont. She died 28 Dec 1893 in Gouverneur, St. Lawrence County, New York.
28 i HELEN MCALLASTER married RANDOLPH LOOMIS
29 ii JOSEPH EMERSON MCALLASTER married MARIE FREEMAN
For further information, contact:
William M. & Barbara Youngs Worth
218 Rebecca Lane
Clarksville, TN 37042
William M. & Barbara Youngs Worth
Return to Jefferson County NYGenWeb page
Return to Town of Antwerp
Copyright 2016 Jefferson County NYGenWeb — a member of the NYGenWeb Project
If you have any questions or comments about this page, please contact,
County Co-Coordinator Nancy Dixon or
Co-Coordinator Bruce Coyne.
Return to Jefferson County Genweb Page