S= Veterans taken from South Jeff's booklet, "Revolutionary War Veterans who settled in the Sixtown Area of Southern Jefferson County." We extracted only those names with information not found in our previous files.
Debbie Quick, of the Historical Association of South Jefferson, has graciously allowed us to use information from the booklet, "Revolutionary War Veterans who settled in the Sixtown Area of Southern Jefferson County" which she compiled, to enlarge the Revvet sketches. The most frequent additions are the names of the veterans' children. The material from the Sixtown book is not presented verbatim. Only those portions which do not duplicate material already posted are given, edited so that they make sense when taken with the Fonda and Freedom Fighters sketches.
WHAT'S NEW LIST OF REVVETS FROM SIXTOWN BOOKLET
Informational texts are at the end of the list.
Andrus, Rev. David Ira
Bishop, Capt. John
Carpenter, Capt. John
Hunt, Henry W.
Lewis, Capt. James
Littlefield, Edmund Jr.
Oatman, Capt. Benjamin
Phillips, Abizer, Jr.
Potter, Lt. Abel
Taylor, David Updates
Tracy, Solomon Jackson
Joseph Allen enlisted 4 Mar 1777 for three years as a private in Capt. Wm.
Hudson Ballard's Co., Col. Ichabod Alden's 7th Mass. Regiment of Infantry.
He served as magistrate for 40 years.
Children: (total of 10)
1) Nancy - b 1785, m Joel Brown, d 18 Jan 1844, bur Pierrepont Manor Cem
2) Betsey - b 1789, m Henry King, d 6 Apr 1871, bur Pierrepont Manor Cem
3) Joseph Jr. - b 24 May 1791, m Phebe williams, d 13 Jan 1864
4) John - b 1788, m Melissa Dewey, d 6 May 1876 bur Pierrepont Manor Cem
5) Harvey - b 1799, m Lucy Freeman, d 6 Apr 1879, bur Pierrepont Manor Cem
6) Ruth - b 1802, m Solomon J. Stebbins, d 1838, bur Pierrepont Manor Cem
7) Elihu - b 3 May 1806, m Almira Andrus, d1885, bur Pierrepont Manor Cem
Transferred to Capt. Richardson's [sic] 2nd Conn Regiment...Married Sally Ranney and they had four daughters and four sons. Both buried at Giddingsville Cemetery, Town of Ellisburg.
Rev. War Vet.; details of service not available. He is believed to have come to Adams Center from Deerfield, Mass. with his son Lemuel Arms in 1802; date of death unknown but he is buried at Union Cemetery, Adams Center.
Son of General Benjamin Barney who also served in the Revolutionary War. He moved to Vermont previous to 1776. He came to Ellisburg in the winter of 1804 by ox team and sled and bought 160 acres here. Dr. Barney died 9 Aug 1835 at Ellisburg, at 85 years, 11 months, 21 days and is buried at Old Belleville Cemetery.
Children by Elizabeth Brown:
Betsey - b 2 Dec 1771
Susannah - b 1772, m (1) Liberty Goodenough, (2) Elijah Gore, d 14 Feb 1828, bur Old Belleville Cem
John - b 1778 Guilford, VT, m Cynthia Potter in 1801, d 4 Sep 1868, bur at Woodside Cem, Belleville
Eliakim - b 1788, d 30 Oct 1852, bur Old Belleville Cem
Mabel - d at birth 5 Mar 1793
He received a pension commencing 13 Apr 1818 for $8/month. Burial site unknown.
He was born 24 Sep in Woodstock, Conn., son of John & Mary (Peake) Bishop. He was an Ensign in the French & Indian War in 1756 and was at Fort Stanwix (Rome, NY), Henderson, NY and Kingston, Canada. He was a Captain in the Revolutionary War from New Hampshire (Company and Regiment unknown). He came to Henderson New York between 1801-1804, settling on Bishop Street. He married (1) Experience Harris in 1763 (b. 19 may 1744, d bef 1780) (2) Serviah Kellogg in 1781 in Chesterfield NH (1753-Aug 1841). He died 25 Sep 1828 Henderson, NY and is buried beside his 2nd wife at Bishop Cemetery (corner of Ayles & Shear Rds.), Henderson.
Children, b. Chesterfield NH (1st marriage)
1) Olive - b 23 Sep 1764, m Philip Barrett
2) Molly - b 14 Jun 1768
3) Esther - b 14 Apr 1770
4) John - b 13 Jul 1772, m Sufiah Amsden
6) Calvin - b 9 Feb 1782, m (1) Sally Armstrong, (2) Sally Peck, d 24 Jan 1859
Henderson NY bur Bishop Cem
6) Rev. Luther - b 27 May 1783, m Anna Carter, d 14 Apr 1857 Watertown NY, bur Rural Cem., Lorraine
7) Asa - b 7 Nov 1785m m Polly sprague, d 10 Jun 1872 Bainbridge, Michigan
8) Clarissa - b 1786, m Roswell Davis, 4 Aug 1875 Henderson NY, bur Smithville Cem.
9) Rev. Sylvester - b 17 Apr 1875, m Almedia (---), d 15 Oct 1860 DePauville, NY
10) Lucy - b 29 Apr 1794
11) Emily - b 11 Jul 1798, d4 Oct 1822.
Boyden, Joseph - was born 23 Sep 1757. He enlisted in Apr 1775 and served in Capt. James [sic] Hubbard's Co.
He married Polly Knowlton, who died at the age of 80 years. They removed to Lorraine by 1825, to live with their son, John. Their only known child was John Boyden, b 1795 in Guilford, VT. He came to Mathers Mills in the Town of Ellisburg in 1815, and in 1818 he settled in Lorraine.
John Boyden married (1) Nabby; (2) Nancy Chase. He died 15 Jun 1872 at Pierrepont Manor, NY and was buried in Rural Cemetery, Lorraine.
- They moved to the town of Ellisburg in 1811 settling in the
area that became known as Brewster Settlement.
1) Ephraim - b 9 Apr 1782, m (1) Adah Harmon - b 11 Jun 1785, d 15 Oct
1823; (2) Abigail Smith - b 3 Oct 1791, d 6 Oct 1876, bur Brewster Settlement
2) Elisha - b 1790, m Eunice (---), d 12 Dec 1846, bur Brewster Settlement Cem
3) Lydia - b 23 Feb 1804, d 16 Apr 1824
- was born 7 Apr 1752 in Killingly, conn., son of Josiah & Keziah Brown. He was a private in Capt. Stilwell's Co., Col Jedediah Huntington's 20th Conn. Regiment in 1776 and was in the Battle of White Plains. He enlisted on 8 Jul 1781 as a private in Capt. Benton's 7th Co., Col. Isaac Sherman's 5th Conn. Regiment 8 Jul 1781, was in skirmishes at Morrisiana and other places. He was discharged 21 Dec 1783 at West Point. He received pension # S44,650 commencing 14 Apr 1818 for $8/month. He married Molly Redway, daughter of James & Mehitable (Bliss) Redway, who was born 7 Aug 1759 in Rehoboth, Mass. She died 28 Dec 1832 Lorraine, NY. They moved from Killingly to Granville, NY by 1788 and to Lorraine in 1805. Ebenezer died 3 Jan 1833 in Lorraine, aged 80 years, 8 months, 27 days and was buried in Rural Cemetery, Lorraine.
1) Joel - b 1778, m (1) Nancy Allen, (2) Abigail (---), d 10 Mar 1888 Lorraine
2) Ebenezer R. - b 1782, m (1) Susannah Potter, (2) Olive (Cason) Bailey, d 2 Sep 1864 Lorraine, bur Pierrepont Manor Cem
3) Aaron - b 19 Aug 1784, m Betsey Burpee, d 9 May 1870 Lorraine, bur Rural Cem Lorraine
4) Parley - b 4 Dec 1788, m Submit Farwell, d 17 Mar 1870 Philadelphia NY, bur Sandy Hollow Cem, Philadelphia NY
5) Charlotte - m Amos Claflin, d 1864 Ellisburg
6) Polly - m Richard Allen
7) Lydia - b c1780, m Benjamin Gates, d 1853
8) Elizabeth - b 23 May 1790, m George G. Buell, d 1 Feb 1857 Lorraine, bur Rural Cem Lorraine
9) Walter R. - 1792, m (1) Abigail Risley, (2) Hannah Spencer, d 26 Dec 1875 Lorraine, bur Rural Cem Lorraine
- was born 31 Jan 1760 Lancaster, Mass, son of Moses and Margaret (Harriman) Burpee. He enlisted 14 Dec 1776 for 2 months 17 days as private in Capt. Manassah Sawyer's Co., Col. Dike's 8th Mass. Regiment. He enlisted again on 12 Jan 1778 for 23 months 19 days as a Matross in Capt. Warner's 3rd Co., Col Paul Revere's Artillery. He enlisted 1 Jan 1780 for 4 months 8 days in the same Co. and Reg"t. His widow received pension # W 18,669 commencing 4 Mar 1848.
He married Elizabeth Weston on 14 Nov 1789 in Jaffrey, NH. She was born 12 Apr 1761 and died 1 sep 1848. They moved from Jaffrey to Lorraine NY in 1827. He died 4 Feb 1832 in Lorraine, and was bur Rural Cem, Lorraine.
Children, b Jaffrey NH:
1) Betsy - b 18 Feb 1791, m Aaron Brown, d 17 Nov 1878 Lorraine, bur Rural
2) Lucy - b 15 Oct 1792, m Peter Hanson, d bet 1860-1870, bur Rural Cem, Lorraine.
3) Edmond - b 15 Sep 1794
4) Stephen - b 7 Aug 1796
5) Hepsibeth - b 27 Jan 1799, m Ziba Brown, d 31 Jan 1884, bur Rural Cem, Lorraine.
6) Ebenezer - b 21 Jan 1804
7) Isaac Weston - b 23 Jan 1802
8) Margaret - b 26 Apr 1805, m (1) John Fassett, (2) John Mooney, d 1895, bur Rural Cem, Lorraine
9) Almira - b 6 May 1809, d Jun 1888, bur Rural Cem, Adams
10) Eunice Hartshorn - b 10 Oct 1812, m John Streeter of Watertown
- m Irene Orcutt who died 27 Jan 1832 at 67 years.
- He moved to Adams before 1805.
- was born 18 Dec 1761. He was a private in Capt. Colfax's Co., Col Heman Swift's Regiment, Conn. line. He enlisted 1 Dec 1780 for 3 years at Cornwall Conn., was discharged 2 Oct 1783 at West Point. He married Susannah Bliss 14 Mar 1785 in Kent, Conn. She died 9 Sep 1845 in Smithville NY. He was on the pension rolls 27 May 1819, living in Smithville, and mentions two sons in his pension application: Joseph, 18 years and Newman, fifteen years. He died 18 Sep 1842 in Smithville, NY and is buried in Smithville Cem.
- was born 7 Feb 1760 in Sharon, Conn. the son of John & Elizabeth (Curtice) Caulkins. He served as a private under Ens. Camp, in Col John Mead's Regiment for 3 terms of service of 2 months each in the fall of 1776, 1777, and 1780. He married Bethiah Barrass on 16 Apr 1783 in Sharon Conn. She was the daughter of Amos & Mary (Bailey) Barrass. She was born 5 Sep 1764 and died 27 Jan 1835 in the Town of Worth.
He came to worth in 1805 with his wife and 10 children. In 1836, after his wife died, he moved to Washington Co IN to live with his son. He returned to Lorraine in 1843 to live with another son. He died 7 Feb 1848 in Lorraine and is bur at Stearns Cem, Worth, NY.
Children, first 10 born in Ballston, NY, the last 2 born Worth.
1) Polly - b c1784, m Ruel Barnard, moved to Indiana
2) Joel - b c1786, moved to Indiana.
3) Isaac - b c1788, moved to Geneva, NY
4) John - b 29 Oct 1789, m Rebecca Burton, died 3 May 1865 Lorraine, NY; bur rural Cem. Lorraine.
5) Daniel - b 10 Aug 1792, m (1) Luna Bumpus, (2) Pamelia Fletcher, d 23 Sep 1887 Lorraine NY, bur Rural Cem., Lorraine
6) Catherine - b c1794, m (---) Salisbury, lived in Adams
7) Nancy - b c1796, m (---) Doane, move to Cleveland, Ohio
8) Sally - b c1798, m Wm. C. Sweet, moved to Indiana
9) Rebecca - b c1801, moved to Cleveland, Ohio
10) Abram - b 5 Feb 1803, m (1) Mary A. Adams; (2) Sarah A. Adams; d 22 Aug 1892 Lorraine, NY, bur Rural Cem., Lorraine
11) Lydia - b c1805, moved to Cleveland, Ohio
12) Amos - b c1805, m Susan (---) d 25 Jan 1885, bur. Rural Cem., Lorraine
- son Julius D., b 16 Aug 1812, m Maria Babcock, d 1 Jun 1863 Rodman NY, bur Fairview Cem.
- was born in 1757, details of his service unknown; he died 13 Oct 1843 in Adams NY at 86 years. Buried Fairview Cem, Rodman NY
- was born 30 Mar 1740. After service in the Revolution, he also served in the War of 1812 in a company called the "Silver Greys" in the 55th Regiment NYV Militia. This company consisted of Rev. War vets who were too old for regular service but who could help in other ways. They had seven sons and two daughters, including Stephen and Harvey.
- was born 1763. Details of service unknown. He married Caroline (---) who was born 1757 and died 4 Apr 1861. He died 11 Mar 1835 in the Town of Adams, and was buried in the Honeyville Cem.
- was born 13 Oct 1751 in Bolton, Conn. He served as a fifer in Capt. Peter Porter's Company, Col Benjamin Simond's Regiment of Berkshire County, and marched to Saratoga by order of General Gates. He then served as a private in Capt. John Strong's Co., Col John Brown's Regiment for 26 days, from Sep 6 to Oct 12, 1777. He served in Capt. Porter's , detachment of Gen. Fellows' Brigade of Berkshire County and did duty at Albany under General Stark for four months in 1778. He was a fifer for five months in 1780 and was with Brig. Gen. Putnam for six months. In the War of 1812 he helped with the defense of Sackets Harbor. He died in 1841 at 90 yrs and was buried at the Dewey-McKee Cemetery (Patrick Cemetery), Patrick Rd., Adams
- was born in 1741, details of service unknown, married Lucy (---) (1762-29 Sep 1828). He died 20 Aug 1819 and is buried at Woodville Cem.
Known children include
Araiah - b 12 Aug 1786, m (1) Lydia (---); (2) Sally Whipple, d 6 Jun 1875, bur Woodville Cem.
- was born in 1747 in Abergavenny, Monmouth, England. He emigrated to the U.S. c1770; details of service unknown. He married Jane Pierce and they came to the town of Henderson in 1813.
Thomas, b 1776, m Fanny Whittier; d 19 Apr 1868 and was buried at Carpenter Cem., Henderson.
- details of his service are unknown. He came to Rodman in
1803 and settled on a tract of wildland and brought with him a horse, a yoke of
oxen and 2 cows. He helped to organize the Congregational Church of Rodman.
He and his wife both died in Richland, Oswego Co. NY and are presumably
5) Sylvesster - b1788, m Margaret McChesney, d 12 Sep 1851 Rodman, bur Gulf Stream Cem
- was born 24 Mar 1767 Saybrook, Conn.
Danforth Jr. - b 1794, m Lucina (---), d 27 Aug 1859, bur Honeyville Cem.
- He was taken prisoner in the French and Indian War when he was about 4 years old. He was treated kindly and learned their habits, modes of warfare and forgot his native tongue. At the close of the war he was returned to his parents. Because of his knowledge of Indian warfare, a bounty was placed on his head. He later received a pension for his service. He married (1) Elizabeth Cunningham in 1751. She died 15 Sep 1829. He married (2) Susanna (---) who died 28 Apr 1833 at 63 years. He married (3) Innocent Hurlburt. He came to Adams in 1802 with his wife and six children. They came up the Mohawk River in a flat boat, thence to Oneida lake, through Wood's Creek to the Oswego River, to Lake Ontario to Big Sany Creek and inland 2 miles.
1) George - b 1780, m Mary Brodoch, d 1845, bur Rural Cem, Adams
2) William - b 1780, d 7 Dec 1866, bur Rural Cem, Adams
4) Peter Jr. - b 1792, m Lorany Blackstone, d 26 Nov 1875, bur Rural Cem, Adams
5) Betsey - b 1786, m Elijah Wright, d 5 Sep 1863 Adams
- Children, all born at Somers. Conn:
1) Dr. Peletiah - b 14 Jan 1785, m Azubah Redway, d 12 Dec 1882, bur Rural
2) Alpheus Jr
- He came to Ellisburg in the fall of 1797 settling on a farm on the
south branch of Sandy Creek. He brought his family here in the spring of 1798.
He died in the town of Ellisburg, and was buried in the Ellisburg Cemetery.
1) Daniel - b 23 Aug 1780, m (1)Christina (Groat) Salisbury, (2) Orpha Pratt,
d 13 Apr 1862, bur Evergreen Cem Town of Henderson
3) John - b 1784, m Betsey Snuith, d 7 Jul 1847, bur Ellisburg Cem
5) Thomas - b 19 Jun 1788, d 17 Oct 1867, bur Evergreen Cem, Town of Henderson
6) Squire - b 1791, d 2 Feb 1811, bur Ellisburg Cem
7) James - b 1792, d 31 Mar 1823, bur Ellisburg Cem
8) Robert - b 24 Mar 1794, m Mary Weser, d 11 Dec 1863, bur Ellisburg Cem
9) Mary (Polly) d 1798 (?2 years old) the first death in the Town of Ellisburg
- He came to Ellisburg 1797 and was the first permanent settler and founder of the village of Ellisburg. He was buried at Ellisburg Cem. They adopted two children: Mahalon - who died in Utica and Caroline Willard - who married Daniel Fish.
- In 1801 he bought 1000 [sic] acres of land along the north branch of Sandy Creek in the Town of Adams and he moved his family there in 1802.
- They moved to the Town of Ellisburg settling in the Brewster
Settlement area, their farm including the Fish Burying Ground (now the Brewster
Settlement Cemetery). He received a pension while living in the Town of
1) Jonathan Jr. - b 1783, m Harriet Hall, d 6 Mar 1852, bur Brewster Cem
2) Calvin - b 22 Jul 1785, m Betsey (---) d 1 Aug 1845, bur Brewster Cem
3) Mary - b 1799, d 23 Oct 1831 at 32 years, bur Brewster Cem
4) Matilda - b 1803, d 23 Apr 1833 at 30 years, bur Brewster Settlement Cem
5) Eliza - b 1800, m Mason Rounds, d 27 Apr 1831 at 31 years, bur. Brewster Cem
6) Lovisa - b 1806, d 2 Mar 1838 at 30 years, bur Brewster Cem
7) Silas - b 1808, m Caroline (---) d 19 Apr 1840 at 32 years, bur Brewster Cem.
- son of Abraham and Eunice (Rollo) Fox
- was born 12 Feb 1755. He was a major in the Revolutionary
War from Rhode Island (company and regiment unknown). He married Esther
Nichols who died 9 Jan 1832 at 74 years. He died 19 Jul 1840 at 85 years, and
was buried at East Rodman Cemetery.
Job - b 1800, m Laura Chase, d 27 Mar 1878 Rodman, NY
William Jr. - b 1782, m (1) Hannah (---) (1790-1 Oct 1812); (2) Mercy (---) (4 Apr 1789-11 Dec 1876), d 30 Dec 1859, bur E. Rodman Cem
- son of Solomon and Mary (Forbes) Gilman, Jr. He married
hannah Bissell on 3 Dec 1784 in E Hartford, Conn, daughter of Ozias Bissell.
She was born 25 Dec 1757 and died 5 Feb 1853. They came to Lorraine in
1) John -b 1785, m Eunice Wiles, d 27 Aug 1874 Medford, Minn.
2) Nancy - b 1787/8, m Alfred Webb, d 30 Sep 1838 Lorraine, bur Lyman Cem. Lorraine.
3) Salmon - b 1791, m Mary Wyles, d 6 Jun 1876, bur Lyman Cem.
4) Leonard - b c1790
5) Emily - m (---) Davis
6) Freedom - m (---) Kenyon of Oswego, NY
7) Chester - b 1795, m Priscilla Fletcher, d 2 Jan 1863 Lorraine, bur Lyman Cem.
- He received a pension of $8/month, commencing 11 Apr 181?.
Daniel - b 1782, m Anna (---), d 4 Jan 1874, bur Rices Cem, Adams.
- was born 4 Jan 1762. Believed to be the parents of Luther Haven - b 25 May 1792 Newton, Mass., came to Ellisburg in 1807 settling in the Brewster Settlement area, m Phebe Tracy, d 1 Jan 1878, bur Brewster Cem.
- They moved to the town of Ellisburg and were the first settlers of Rural Hill. He died 28 Apr 1841 at his son's home in Lorraine. They are buried Woodside (Mixer) Cemetery, Belleville.
- Their son, Charles, b 1785, m Surviah Goodrich,d 27 Jun 1855 Ellisburg, bur Ellisburg Cem.
- was born 17 Jan 1751, son of Jonathan Holley. They came to
the town of Ellisburg in 1807, settling near Giddingsville. He died 14 May 1835
in the Town of Ellisburg, buried at Giddingsville Cem.
3) John Milton - b 1784, m Mary Taber, d 1861, bur Pierrepont Manor Cem.
6) Benjamin F. - b c1790, m Mary (---), bur Smithville Cem.
7) Don A. - b 1785, m Hannah, d 1 Aug 1827, bur Pierrepont Manor Cem.
9) Florence D.
10) George W.
11) David Jr. - b 1802, m Betsey Randall, d 4 Mar 1888, bur Pierrepont Manor Cem.
- lived at Richmond, Mass; Bennington, Vt.; Whitestown NY; and Ellisburg, NY.
- was born 1 Jul 1747 in Scituate, RI. He died in 1835 and is bur at Howland Cem, Town of Rutland, NY.
- They came to Lorraine before 1820.
Lemuel - b 13 Oct 1782 Mass., m (1) Melinda (---), (2) Mary (---), (3) Dolly (---), d 21 Mar 1866 Lorraine NY.
- married (1) Chloe Felt, (2) Elizabeth Breed. Bur at
Evergreen Cem, Robert Corners, Town of Henderson.
1) Michael B. - b 1794; m Nancy (---), d 1855, bur Smithville Cem
2) Ezekial S. - b 1797, m Rebecca Breed, d 22 Feb 1844, bur Evergreen Cem, Smithville.
- was born 20 Feb 1755 Brookfield, Mass. He moved to
Vermont and came to Lorraine in 1804. He m (1) Sally Morton; (2) Anna Cobb
(1760-30 Sep 1821 Town of Adams).
Known children (b Vermont):
1) Job - b 1772, m (1) Sally, (2) Amanda Steadman, d 1857 Lorraine, bur
Elmwood Cem., Lorraine
2) George N.
4) Sally - b 1787, m Ozias Barton, d 28 May 1854 Lorraine NY, bur Lyman Cem., Lorraine
5) Rev. Amos - b c1786, m Elizabeth (---)
- was born in 1755. He married Phebe York (d 26 Jun 1853 at 91 years).
- was born 1760 in Scotland and emigrated to America before
the Revolutionary War, settling in Stratford, Conn. He married Sally McNitt (d
25 Oct 1833 Ellisburg at 67). He moved to Sandy Creek by 1803 and then to the
Town of Ellisburg just north of the county line. He received a pension for his
service. He was buried in a private Cem (Pioneer Cem.) just over the county line
1) Stephen - b 1790, d 24 Mar 1867 Sandy Creek, bur Woodlawn Cem., Sandy
2) Eunice - b 1791, d 1803 (the first death in the Town of Sandy Creek), bur Pioneer Cem., Sandy Creek
3) Robert - b 1798, d 1 Nov 1856 Sandy Creek, bur Woodlawn Cem., Sandy Creek
4) William S. - b 1806, m Nancy Goodenough, d 15 Apr 1838 Ellisburg, bur Ellisburg Cem.
_ son of Edmund and Mary (Castle) Littlefield.
_ son of Edmund and Mary (Castle) Littlefield. They moved
form Halifax, Vt to Belleville in March, 1805. He died in Belleville and was
buried in Mixer Cem. there.
2) John - b 1794, m Orilla Barney, d 1880, bur Woodside Cem., Belleville
3) Jesse Jr. - b 1798, m (1) Catherine, (2) Tophenia, d 19 Nov 1871, bur Woodside Cem., Belleville
- was born 1761, son of Edmund and Mary (Castle) Littlefield.
They settled at Rural Hill in the Town of Ellisburg in 1810. Both are buried in
Old Belleville Cem.
1) Joel - b 1788, m Hannah Faulkner
2) Willard - b 1799, m Philana (---), d 24 Mar 1843, bur Old Belleville Cem
3) Jotham - b 1801, m (1) Gratia Barney, (2) Mary A. Rogers
- m Lydia Gilbert (d 31 Jan 1837 aged 72). They moved near the
Adams-Hounsfield line. In 1832 he applied for a pension. He died Town of
Hounsfield, bur North Adams Cem.
John H. - b 1784, d 18 Jun 1868, bur North Adams Cem.
- b 1750 [sic]
- b 11 Oct 1753 [sic]
- details on service unknown. He married Rebecca (---) who was
born in 1764 and died 12 Jan 1848 at 84 tears. He came to Lorraine from
Medfield, NY c1818. He died 25 Dec 1839 in Lorraine, NY and was buried at
Maplewood Cem, Mannsville.
1) William - b 1797, m Hannah Gardner, d 12 Dec 1874, bur Maplewood Cem
- m Judith Bosworth who d 3 Oct 1827 at 81 years. They moved
to the Town of Ellisburg in 1804\5.
1) Jesse - b 1778; m Hannah Hicks, d 16 Feb 1841, bur Saxe Cem., Ellisburg
- m Phebe [sic] Luther
3) David - b 1788, d 1865, bur Union Cem.
5) Joseph S. - b 3 Aug 1797, m Elizabeth Vars, d 23 Jan 1836, bur Union Cem., Adams Center.
- He received a pension beginning 28 Apr 1818 for $8/month. He died in the Town of Adams, and was buried in Fairview Cem., Town of Rodman. His grave was marked with a wooden slab which is now gone.
- was born 1758 Hartford, Conn., son of Joseph & Ruth
(Webster) McKee. Details of service unknown. He married Irene Marsh, who
died 25 Aug 1828 at 62 years 5 months. He moved to McKee's Landing in the
Town of Ellisburg in 1806. He died 20 Nov 1829 at 72 years 2 months and is
buried at Ellisburg Cem.
1) Horace - b 1784, m Clarissa King, d 1 Sep 1828, bur Ellisburg Cem.
2) Laura - b 1787, m (1) Avery Brown, (2) John Otis, d 24 May 1873 Sandy Creek, bur Ellisburg Cem
3) Mary - b 20 Jan 1789, m Abiah Jenkins, Jr., d 1875, bur Woodville Cem.
4) Betsey - b 1792, m (1) William Woodward, (2) Tyler Woodworth, d 17 Nov 1889, bur Ellisburg Cem.
5) Almira - m Zera Todd, moved to Oswego, NY
6) Nancy - m (1) Daniel Frazier, (2) George Brooks, d 1866
7) Harriet - b 18 Apr 1806, m Abram Ward, d 8 Apr 1894, bur Ellisburg Cem.
- He received a pension beginning 28 Apr 1818 for $8/month
- He served under Capt. John Joel Fletcher, in Col. Doolittle's and also Col. Nathan Sparhawk and Col Job Cushing's regiment. He married Unity Grout, who died 3 Dec 1843 Ellisburg at 83 years. He received a pension while residing in the Town of Ellisburg. He is buried at Mixer (Woodside) Cem., Belleville
- They moved to Bennington, Vermont, and to Henderson
NY in the early 1800s.
4) Joseph A. - b 3 sep 1791, d 10 Nov 1866, bur Evergreen Cem., Henderson
5) David - b 7 Jul 1795, m (1) Elizabeth Hungerford; (2) Mary Phelps; (3) Jane Damon; d 26 Apr 1880, bur Carpenter Cem., Henderson
- no details on his service or date of death. He is buried at Rural Cemetery, Adams.
- Butterville Cemetery, Town of Henderson
- He was a doctor in the Rev. War. Further details of his service are unknown. He died 8 Jan 1832 near Ellisburg.
3) Jehu, b 3 Mar 1787, m Phila McKee, d 10 Sep 1876, bur Fairview Cem., Rodman
- He received a pension commencing 3 Oct 1821 for $8/month.
- married (2) Abigail Seeley Foster, widow of Nathan Foster.
- known child: George - b 1782, d 29 Mar 1807 at 25 years; bur Rural Cemetery, Adams.
- He married Zerviah (---) who died 10 Sep 1815 at 56 years. Ezra died 17 Mar 1832 at 72 years, and is buried at Honeyville Cemetery.
- His gravestone has been stolen from Carpenter Cemetery, Henderson
- He received a pension of $8/month commencing 8 Apr 1818.
- He received a pension of $20/month commencing 18 May
They had 5 children:
Ephraim - b 1774, m Lydia (---), d 19 Mar 1843, bur Maplewood Cem,
Susannah - b 1782, m Ebenezer R. Brown, d 23 Dec 1834 Lorraine, bur Rural Cem., Lorraine
Edwin - b 1791, m Nancy Earl, d 13 Feb 1863, bur Pierrepont Manor
- son Jacob, b 1794, m Hannah Oderkirk, d 8 Mar 1864; bur Maplewood Cem, Mannsville.
- was born 14 Jul 1760 in Rehoboth, MA; son of James &
Mehitable (Bliss) Redway. He was a private in Capt. Will Clift's Co., 3rd CT
Regiment commanded by Col. Samuel Willy. He enlisted 14 May 1777 at
Killingly, CT and was discharged in 1780. 1780-81 he served in the 11th CT
Regiment. He received pension # R8646 for $8/month commencing 18 Apr 1818.
He moved to Jefferson County, NY before 1812. He married Roxanna Eaton on
16 Feb 1783, daughter of Aaron & Lydia (Barber) Eaton (19 Sep 1763-19 Oct
1839). He died 20 Jul 1837 and was buried at Rural Cemetery, Adams.
Son b & d 19 Apr 1784
Aaron - b 8 Sep 1785, d 31 Dec 1785
Salanda - b 12 Oct 1787, d after 1837
Mehitable - b 1 Mar 1789, m Austin Loveland, d after 1737
Carpus - b 9 Dec 1791, m (1) Sally Persons, (2) Sibyl Miller Burlingham, (3)
Chloe T. Roblee Wait, d 27 Aug 1873/4 Armada, MI
Lydia - b 16 Jan 1799, d 31 Jul 1801
- He enlisted first in the 4th Co., 19th Regiment, Mass Line,
second in a New York regiment and third as a private in Capt. Robert Wagner's
Co, Jul 1780-31 Dec.
Children: first born Somers, Conn., next six born Galway, NY, next two born Ellisburg,, and last born Adams:
Chauncey H. Redway - b 5 Nov 1789, m Lodema Cooper, d 22 Nov 1854,
Polly Redway - b 4 Apr 1791, d 8 Jun 1803
Azuba Redway - b 25 Aug 1792, m Dr. P Dwight, d 16 Apr 1871 Adams
Abel Redway - b 3 Dec 1794
Daniel Redway - b 10 Sep 1796, blind
Albert G. Redway - b 1 Feb 1799, m Ann Maria Sessions, d 15 Feb 1870, Adams
David James Redway - b 30 Apr 1802 m Hannah Doane, d 31 Jul 1876, Adams
Abel Redway - b 8 Feb 1805, m Sally C. Grenell, d 25 May 1882 Adams
Harvey N. Redway - b 25 Feb 1808, m Elmira P. Partridge, d 9 Nov 1885
Mary M. Redway - b 10 Apr 1812, d 6 Jan 1857 Adams
- details of service unknown. He was born in 1759, married Rhoda Chase (d 18 Sep 1848 at 83 years). They came from Hoosick, NY to the Town of Adams in 1835. He died 27 Jan 1846 in the Town of Adams at 87 years and was buried at Union Cemetery, Adams Center.
- received a pension of $8/month commencing 4 Jan 1832 while residing in the Town of Rodman.
Nicholas - b 2 Apr 1762, m Caroline Lord. He was the first settler in the Town
of Adams. He d 10 Dec 1833, bur at Rural Cem, Adams.
Alexander - 1777, d 22 Mar 1801 drowned, bur Rural Cem, Adams
DeEsting - b 1778, m Elizabeth Adams, d 1813, bur Rural Cem, Adams
Smith - b 1782, d 9 May 1869m bur Rural Cem, Adams
- was born 30 Dec 1756 in Wales. He emigrated to Methuen, MA. They moved to Henderson, NY previous to 1811 settling 1/2 mile west of Henderson village. He received a pension and died 1840 in Henderson.
Reuben - b 22 Aug 1782, m Pamela Wright, d 11 Nov 1843, bur Unionville
- They moved to Ellisburg where they lived for 8 years, and then
moved to Worth. He first received a pension while they were living in the Town
of Ellisburg. He died 4 Sep 1848 Worth, NY and both are buried in Worthville
Sarah - b 1800, m Sterling Wilcox, d 22 Mar 1867 Worth, bur Worthville Cem
Levi, Jr. - b 1804, m Clarissa (---), living in Worth in 1850.
- was born in 1745; details of service are unknown. He married
Abigail Wright. He died 17 Apr 1827 in Henderson at 82 years. He is buried
at Fayles Cem, Town of Henderson.
Sylvester - b 10 Oct 1780, m Nancy Kniffen, d 26 Apr 1865, bur Fales Cem, Henderson.
- married (1) Mary (---) and they moved to Ellisburg c1803. He
married (2) Lucy Simons.
Child from the first marriage:
Jared - b 3 May 1782, m Mary Brown; died 18 Nov 1848 and is bur Mixer Cem, Belleville.
- died 17 Oct 1831 at Ellisburg, aged 72 years and is buried at
Phoebe - m John M. Decker, d 27 Jun 1873, bur Saxe Cem, Ellisburg
BPC- See FIndagrave Memorial 76962369.Martinsburg Cemetery, Martinsburg, NY
- bur at Patrick-Thompson Cem, Town of Adams. His
widow received a pension.
John - b 16 Jan 1804, m Charlotte (---), d 18 Oct 1869, bur Patrick Cem, Adams
Samuel b 1799, d 28 Feb 1864, bur Patrick Cem, Adams
- He came to the Town of Lorraine by 1810. He received a pension
while residing in the Town of Lorraine.
Clark G. - b 1784, m Polly (---), d 18 May 1849 Lorraine, bur Pierrepont Manor
William - 1785, m Polly (---), d 4 Jan 1858 Lorraine, bur Pierrepont Manor Cem.
John - b 1789, m Betsey Hollenback, d 28 Jan 1872, bur Pierrepont Manor Cem.
Caleb Jr. - b 1791, m Jane (---), d 2 Dec 1875, bur Woodlawn Cem, Sandy Creek.
Stephen - b 1794, m Susanna (---), d 17 Mar 1872, bur Woodlawn Cem, Sandy Creek.
Thomas W. - b 1796, d 1855, bur Pierrepont Manor Cem.
James - b 1797, m Jane (---), d 2 Dec 1875, bur Woodlawn Cem, Sandy Creek.
Caleb - b 1786, d 8 Feb 1870, m Susannah Colvin, bur Woodville Cem.
- They moved to the Town of Adams. He died 4 Feb 1851 and is buried at Green Settlement Cem. He also served in the militia during the War of 1812 with the "Silver Grays".
- They later moved to Rodman, NY. He died in 1830 and is believed to be bur in the Patrick-Thompson Cem in the Town of Adams.
- They moved to Rodman, NY. In 1840 he received a pension while residing in the part of the Town of Lorraine that later became part of the Town of Worth. He died 9 Mar 1852 Worth, NY at 92 years and is believed to be bur at Worthville Cem.
- They moved to the Town of Lorraine in 1816 settling near
Gould's Corners. He died in 1834 in Lorraine, and they are bur at the Gould
Corners Cem, Lorraine.
Eli - b 1792, d Jun 1882 Port Ontario, NY
James - b 1800, m Celinda Tucker, d 8 Nov 1863 Adams, bur Rural Cem, Adams
Charlotte - b 1802, d 1880 Adams
Daniel - b 1804, d 4 Jul 1835 Lorraine, bur Jerusalem Rd Cem, Lorraine
Mary - b 1806, m Willard Wilder
Nancy - b 1808
- married Jane Ford
- Same as Fonda data, except: b 17 Sep 1740 at Newton, N.H. No mention of Miss Kelsey.
BPC- See Findagrave Memorial 77006986.
- details of service unknown; buried at Union Cem, Adams
Nathan - b 1796, m (1) Sophia Beals, (2) Almira Hunt, d 18 Aug 1848, bur Gulf Stream Cem, Rodman.
- was born in 1750, son of Joseph & Jane (Cook) Wright. He served in the Revolutionary War, but details of his service are unknown. He died 5 Jul 1830 in Adams NY at the age of 70 years. His wife, Martha, died 5 Apr 1838 at 69 years. They are both bur in Rural Cem, Adams.
- Children (5 sons, 2 daughters):
Cynthia - m Ebenezer Blackstone
Elijah - b 1781, m Elizabeth Doxtater, d 1866, bur Rural Cem, Adams
Henry - b 4 Aug 1786, m (1) Dulana Hess, (2) Lusinah Hyde, d 7 Aug 1872, bur Rural Cem, Adams
stephen B. - b 1789, m Hannah Kellogg, d 23 Dec 1879, bur Rural Cem, Adams
David - b 1784, m Anna Williams, d 31 May 1861, bur Rural Cem, Adams
Sally - m Joseph Woodman, moved to Michigan.
Return to Revolutionary Veterans' Index page
Copyright 2016 Jefferson County NYGenWeb — a member of the NYGenWeb Project
If you have any questions or comments about this page, please contact,
County Co-Coordinator Nancy Dixon or
Co-Coordinator Bruce Coyne.
Return to Jefferson County Genweb Page